This document takes you through integrating the OPAQ 360 Platform with your organization’s Duo Security account, for two-factor authentication.
Once you complete this process, Duo Security’s two-factor authentication platform will protect your organization’s accounts within the OPAQ 360 Portal by requiring approval from your users when they log in. In addition, the OPAQ 360 Next Generation Host Based Firewall can also leverage your Duo account to challenge users for multi-factor authentication in order to access resources on your internal network.
- Sign up for a Duo account if you don’t already have one. The Duo Free plan is free for up to ten users with unlimited applications.
- Log in to the Duo Admin Panel and navigate to Applications.
- Click Protect an Application and locate OPAQ 360 in the applications list. Click Protect this Application to get your integration key, secret key, and API hostname. (See Getting Started for help.)
Configure the OPAQ 360 Portal
Use the following process to provide Duo integration information to OPAQ. This process involved the use of the Support ticketing system today. It will be replaced in the future with a dedicated web form and this documentation will be updated at that time.
- Log in to the OPAQ 360 Portal.
- Once logged in, go to the Support tab.
- Click Submit a Request.
- Enter “Duo” as the Subject of the request.
- Under “How may we help you?” please provide the integration key, secret key, and API hostname that you obtained from the Duo Admin Panel.
- For Request Type select task.
- For Priority select Normal.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the form.
Once the Support Request has been submitted, OPAQ’s staff will tie your Duo account to your OPAQ account. You will be notified via e-mail when the integration is complete. After that point, when any of your users authenticate to the OPAQ 360 Portal, they will be challenged to authenticate via Duo before proceeding.
If you have questions about this process, please email OPAQ support: [email protected]